Social Media & Networking Plan – Original Project Proposal
PLEASE LOOK AT AND RESPOND TO THE COMMENTS IN HYPOTHESIS ON YOUR POSTS IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY.
Should identify 2-3 people or groups who might be interested in your project and who can help you connect to broader networks beyond your own personal connections, e.g. social or environmental activists, fashion bloggers, professors, friends, mentors, or experts in the field. List several public venues you might use connect with those people or groups, e.g. a related hashtag on Twitter or Instagram, the Twitter account of an influencer in the field, a public FaceBook page, a specific blog. Finally, create a set of steps you will follow to generate interest in your project through these networks.
Social Media & Networking Plan – Revised Proposal
Please add the following details:
- What account(s) will you be using to build a network, get feedback on your project, and eventually share your project? Please share why you chose the following platforms to use for your project?
- Twitter – @handle
- Instagram – @handle
- Whether you are using an existing account or a project specific account, how are you pointing to your background, your work, and your project? Please share the related parts of your bio for each account.
- You should have already started using your accounts to build a network related to your project. You can use some of the accounts and communities you identified in your first project proposal. They can be starting points to finding other active and related accounts and communities. Think back to Stewart’s article about how to build a network. Start interacting or inviting interactions in existing networks. As you work on your project, start to share your process. Do you have questions that others could help you with?
- Create a habit of using these accounts, whether it be 10 minutes a day or a longer chunk of time every couple days. It will take regular attention.
- What is your cadence for posting to social media and to a blog if will be sharing one?
Social Media Reports
You will have short social media reports in class on April 1st and April 15th. For these reports, please think about number 3 above and how it is going. What has worked well? What hasn’t worked? What are you next steps?