In this class, we’ll be using the open-source, online annotation tool Hypothes.is to group annotate online texts and to exchange peer critique. We will discuss whether to use our real names or pseudonyms
We will use a private Hypothes.is group for our seminar, which we’ll use throughout the semester.
- Create a Hypothes.is account.
- Join our group by clicking on the following link: ENG306-S19.
- Return to a webpage you want to annotate
- Toggle the “scope selector” in the Hypothes.is sidebar to select our group “ENG306-S19”
- IMPORTANT: If you don’t select our group before annotating, no one can see your annotations, and you can’t transfer them over to our group.
- Begin annotating
Steps 1 and 2 need only be done once.
This video shows you how to join a group and make annotations:
If you’re like me, you may prefer the step-by-step slideshow, which allows you to go through the same process at your own pace.