Outline/Draft of website content so far:
- Welcome: Insert some sort of text which sets the scene and introduces the reader to the narrative surrounding the research project and the purpose of the project. (Keep this brief or insert whole narrative piece here?)
- Timeline: (see linked timeline in progress) Embed a JS Knightlab Timeline “Maxwell Shieff’s Career” of Shieff’s career (if the format is not able to embed properly consider creating two separate Storymaps). The timeline is intended to track Shieff’s career through my research via Proquest advertisements featured within publications spanning the decades 1950 and 1960.
- Storymap: (see linked StoryMap in progress) Embed a JS Knightlab StoryMap “Maxwell Shieff’s Career.” This map will focus primarily on the geographical aspects of Shieff’s career. This information will come from my interview with Bill as well as information gathered from Proquest ads and articles. I will use maps and historically accurate graphics to depict the places Shieff frequented throughout his career (studios, workspaces, showrooms, hotels, home)
- Interview/Narrative: (Insert typed notes from interview with Bill and Sue here with most important quotes and ideas about how the quotes and info can be combined to create a narrative which will be featured on one of the foremost pages of the site.)
- Bibliopgraphy: On this page site all sources used in timeline, StoryMap, and interview/narrative, as well as the literature review, which will be added as an additional “Rationale.” I’m thinking this might work well in conjunction with a “Proposal” page which will serve as a representation of the final goal of the research project (outreach to FIDM archives).
Possible additional pages;
- Historical Context/ Literature Review
- Proposal/ Rationale / Moving Forward
- Media Library Gallery (contingent on receiving scanned sketches from Bill)
- Photo Gallery (photos of and from Shieff archives)